Friday, September 23, 2005

Let's get it RIGHT this time

O.K. So this is my second try at blogging... my first having been, not quite as successful as I might have liked.

To provide a bit of background, my e-mails to blogger help:
(Tuesday)

I signed up for a blogger account yesterday, and am totally new to blogging. I assumed that if there was a current account with the name I had chosen, I wouldn't have been able to use it. I guess this isn't true, as I have 9 comments this morning about "hijacking" someone else's name. Could you please help? Obviously, if this is someone else's name (Amy it seems), there has been an error. I just don't have any idea how to correct it. I'd gladly start over with a new name, but I'd still like some explaination as to what happened and HOW, b/c I honestly don't know if I'll be comfortable blogging here if my blog might just disappear or get "hijacked." I'd appreciate any help you can provide, thanks.

(Friday/today)

I am not having much luck with your service. First, I'm given a blog name that apparently belongs to someone else. Then, I don't hear a reply to my questions about that problem, and then my entire blog disappears. I certainly hope this is not indicitive of your services, as I am seriously considering moving to another provider. However, I would still very much like to hear to you regarding these issues, so I know how to prevent/correct them in the future. I am giving it one more shot one another blog here (Never that Easy) and DESPERATELY would like it not to have similar problems. Thanks again for your help.



That's right... my entire blog disappeared. Thankfully, I had only two posts, but poor Amy (who had the blog first) lost a lot of her work. Months of work. And now, It's Anybody's (the name of the original blog, btw) what happened to either one of them. GOOD LUCK AMY!

But I'm willing to try again... mostly because of all the positive comments left during the course of that other nonsense. People were really welcoming, despite the fact that I had apparently 'hijacked' their friend's blog. So, now with (cross fingers here) my OWN blog, maybe people will be just as nice. Let's see.

No comments: