Monday, September 14, 2009

Bubbly



I know summer's just about over (and I'm not exactly sad about that), but this I really like this collage. It's a collection of bubble-shots that I took with Youngest Nephew, and we spent the day working hard together to figure out F-stops and distance, zooming and shadows, when to use slow speed, and when to use fast. It's funny how trying to explain things to a 9 year old makes you realize how many wholes there are in your own education. Even with that, though, we both took some pictures we really loved. The one of the bubble in the grass is his, and I think it's awesome.

Don't forget to head over to Tracey's for more Best Shots.

7 comments:

Puna said...

Bubbles do remind us of summer and picnics. Hold on to that thought in the middle of January!

tracey clark said...

i love bubbles. such a lovely grouping.

Killlashandra said...

Bubbles make for the best pictures. :) And good camera practice as they are so ephermeral to try and catch.

Unknown said...

that is a nice grouping - and how cool that you could learn/teach your nephew at the same time!

Amy Jo said...

That's so cool! My son has a real interest in photography, but he's only 3, so it's pretty basic. I can't wait till he gets older and we can shoot together. I like the shadow photo!

iMother2.0 said...

ohhhhh I LOVE the firt shot! it has such a vintage feel

Mike said...

It's the story that makes it great.

Mike
www.mikeleonen.com
Twitter: AboutParenting