Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day

Because I could not complete the long, rambling, confusing post I had thought to write about my relationship with my own fathers (Daddy & my stepDad), I decided instead to do some searching. Here's some of the most interesting Flickr images, quotations and other flotsam about fathers...







Chris Rock: When I was a kid, that's all we had was Robitussin. Whatever you got, Robitussin better handle it. I broke my leg once, daddy poured Robitussin all over it. Chris Rock: Bigger & Blacker


Reference
Originally uploaded by Stox - Ideas playground




Will Bloom: In telling the story of my father's life, it's impossible to separate fact from fiction, the man from the myth. The best I can do is to tell it the way he told me. It doesn't always make sense and most of it never happened... but that's what kind of story this is. Big Fish




Veruca Salt: Daddy! I want a flying glass elevator! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory






Sidda: Daddy, did you get loved enough? Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

DSC_0005
Originally uploaded by mseratt99




Ruth: My daddy always used to say there was a separate god for children.Fried Green Tomatoes



No comments: