Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's that time of year again

and I know you're all wicked excited! No, I'm not talking about back to school, or even the fabulous transition from summer to fall, but, of course, the fact that we're coming up on Heating Pad Weather!

See, I knew you were as excited as I am. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not as if I've ever stopped using the heating pads - that would be foolish and crazy! It's just that using a heating pad in the warmer (and hot as hell) weather makes you feel like... well, like a crazy fool. If it's the only thing that helps with your pain, you suffer through it, but there's nothing more uncomfortable to the rest of your damn self than sweating outrageously because your neck won't stop aching.

I do tend to do a lot more of the icing in the summer, and the heating in the winter. This is only logical, and contrary to popular opinion, getting my Master's Degree didn't educate all the common sense right outta me. But what works best for the worst pain, generally, is heat. A lot of it, I mean HOURS of it, as at high a temperature as possible. So that, I'm nice and numbed up (and my sensitive skin a veeery pink/red color) are the signs that optimal pain "relief" has been accomplished. And it's virtually impossible to accomplish those things when it's 85 degrees out.

So there's a lot of things about fall that I look forward to: the crispness in the air, the lack of flowery smells, the Halloween costumes yet undiscovered, but right now? I'm just glad I can reclaim my heating pads.


And, yes, I have a million things still to talk about, a million things going on here and IRL that I should say... something about, but in the meantime, and because if I don't write something, then I might not ever write anything, and I'm not ok with that.

No comments: