Sunday, March 21, 2010

"But if the road's been kinda bumpy, And you need to rest a spell Well, welcome home to Happiness Hotel"

The very fabulous Sue, over at Learning To Live with CFS gave me The Happiness Award last week, and I can't thank her enough for it. What with all my obsessing and decision nonmaking, it was nice to have something positive to focus on.

So here is a (very random) list of things that make me happy right now:

We'll start off with these four - Oldest Nephew, (No Longer) Youngest Nephew, BabyB, and Lil Girl, the beginning of the next generation of our own special brand of weirdos.

Being able to open the windows. Fresh air without the sunshine is just the kind I need.

Talking to people who listen, care, and (at the very least try to) get it... in person, on the phone, or on the computer.

Having a nice fat TBR pile. (I get antsy if it's not big enough. TWSS.)

My parents are away for the weekend, and I'm glad for them, since they never go anywhere.

Family Friendly Weekends, on WERS; the Emerson College radio station. From 10-8 on Saturdays and 12-8 on Sundays, they play the kind of music you don't hear much of on the radio anymore. It's Broadway, show tunes & soundtracks in the morning, with Standing Room Only; All A Capella in the afternoon, and a program called the Playground in the evening, which is "music for the young and young at heart". It may just be me, but I think there aren't enough radio stations playing the Tale Spin theme song nowadays.

And we'll finish off with the Muppets, because how can you be grumpy if Animal is banging the drum?


I'm not going to link to other blogs, mostly because I don't have that many readers, but also because Sue said I didn't have to. But if you read, and you'd like to play along, consider yourself an award recipient.

1 comment:

Sue Jackson said...

Great list! And I don't think I've ever been called "very fabulous" before - thanks!!

I love your picture of your nephews and nieces and your obvious love for them! Fresh air and lots of books make me happy, too. And I love the Muppets - The Muppet Movie is the best movie ever! The Rainbow Connection always makes me smile...

Sue