Friday, September 23, 2011

Nope. Nope, I'm not going to go on and on about how I should be posting more - a) there aren't any shoulds out here in the Wild Wild West.com of blogs, and b) I am doing what I can, so that's going to have to be enough. And also: I realize the guilt I feel is coming from me and not some clamoring of readers who are demanding that I provide them with words to read every ten seconds, so I'm going to just try to cut myself a break or two here... for at least this paragraph.

On to new deals - Things here are going ok-ish. By which I mean all of my old problems still exist, and new ones continue to crop up: You know SSDD. For the most part, though, I'm recovering from my fall (almost a whole damn month ago now), with frustrating slowness, but still recovering so I'm going to just take what I can get there.

In the good news department, my cousin - the one who has been on bed rest for the past 4 months because every time she got up she had contractions - has safely given birth to a very healthy, full term baby boy. This is majorly good news, and I"m hoping to get over to visit the little guy and his mama at some point today (if I can bear to put on my bra long enough to accomplish said task). Some sacrifices must be made, and between her bed rest and my not leaving the house nearly ever, it'll be an adventure, that's for sure. Of course, at the end of her adventure, she gets to go home with a little cuddly cutie, and I get to think up creative ways to get my bra off in the car without anybody noticing, so it's not exactly an equality type situation, but what are you gonna do?

I also want to remind people that I'm hosting the Disability Blog Carnival next week, the deadline is Tuesday the 27th, and I am going to swallow my pride a little here and say that there have been very few contributions, and I could use as many of you who would like to participate as possible. Again, you can leave your links on this original post , or send them to my e-mail, link above. I'd really appreciate it.

Somehow or other it's turned out to be Friday again, so have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

Sue Jackson said...

That's OK you haven't been posting much - I haven't been blog reading much! It's just been so crazy busy lately.

How wonderful that your friend got through her bed rest and had a healthy baby! I hope you were able to get out to visit. Yes, it's a unique kind of irony when two friends are both housebound, isn't it? My closest local friend was diagnosed with MS in May, and though I tried to help her as much as I could this summer, there were times when I was too sick myself to help her....we still managed to talk on the phone a lot, though. There's always that.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sue