Monday, April 16, 2012

Moar! Writing!

On the plus side, I have spent three hours today writing.  On the negative side, I spent most of those three hours writing and rewriting a post that is nowhere near ready to be shown to people, so let's call it a wash.  I was going to write that I'm enjoying writing again, but that's a little bit too strong: I'm almost enjoying writing again.  The almost is only because I forgot the part where it was work, and working at something, particularly if that something is emptying your insides out onto paper (or computer screen, as the case may be) is not always enjoyable. But that's the only part that isn't - Giving myself a set writing schedule and feeling so! accomplished! when I can check it off my to-do list (even if nothing awesome actually has resulted yet).  Shutting things off in order to hear the sound of my own thoughts.  Paying more attention to the difference between what I'm thinking and what I'm saying.  Knowing that the part of my brain that has things to say isn't as useless as it has been pretending to be - all of these are excellent things, and I've missed them.  Now if I could just get it all to make sense to anybody else but me, I might have a shot at sticking with this whole writing thing.


No comments: