Friday, February 27, 2009

Looking on the 'pro' side of moving, again.

Way back when, I wrote a post about how much I hate the PUS (Yes, I know, there's certainly more than one post about that here, but this is a specific one) that talked about a playlist of songs about hate. That I then created on my computer. And have since updated every time a song came out that really reminded me of just how much I hate them. And so, I now have quite the extensive playlist.

Over the past few weeks, the PUS have been moving their things out, and oh, is it a bittersweet sound to hear - the sound I should have been hearing all those years ago, the sound that should have happened when my Nana was still here, when it should've just been them leaving, and us staying. It is hard to hear that sound, knowing that we'll be the ones creating it in just a few weeks.

But I found out the other day that they are planning on moving into their new place this weekend, which means that we will have at least 3 PUS free weeks in the house! It's very exciting. And also my last chance to blast the "I hate you PUS" songs, which I have been playing all morning.

Here are a few of the lyrics that caught my ear -

"I know it's just no use, when all your lies become your truth."

from Are You Happy Now?, Michelle Branch.

"... and so my heart is paying now, for things it didn't do..." Cold, Cold Heart , Norah Jones

"Get out. Right now. It's the end of you and me." Leave , JoJo

"It's been a long time coming, but I know... a change is gonna come"A Change is gonna come, Patti La Belle.

"You can crawl back home, say you were wrong, stand out in the yard and cry all night long. Go ahead and water the lawn, my give a damn's busted." My Give a Damn is Busted, Jo Dee Messina

"We'll look any many straight in his eyes and say Kiss my Irish Ass" Kiss My Irish Ass, Flogging Molly.

"Move it move it, outta my life." Move, Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls


"I won't lie I sometimes cry when I think of how it used to be.... but wait one minute, I failed to mention, those tears I cry are tears of joy."How Am I Doing?, Dierks Bentley

"Prepare for the chance of a lifetime, be prepared for sensational news...A shining new era, is tiptoing nearer." Be Prepared, Jeremy Irons/Scar, from The Lion King.

No comments: