Saturday, May 30, 2009

I know posting is still light,

but it's probably just because everything else feels so heavy.

I'm struggling to get things accomplished here, in the limbo of my grandmother's house, faced with new challenges and none of the old comforts. Which is not to say I'm not enjoying the new - and unique - comforts I'm lucky enough to get here: it's just that they're not what I'm used to, and so I find myself unsure how to balance having someone to talk to till the sun comes up with my need for laying in the dark for hours. Trying to decide if it's worth it to sit on the porch for an hour feeling the beautiful breeze and remembering every summer I've ever lived through, if the price is going to be a complete in ability to move for hours afterwords.

I suppose it's just that I had a routine, and now I have to figure out a whole new one, and then I'm going to have to figure out another new one in a few weeks when I can finally move into our new house.

I don't know what the point of this post is, except to tell you that I am still here. Figuring it out, getting through the days.

Hope the day you are getting through is treating you kindly.

Mine is.

1 comment:

Sue Jackson said...

I totally get how difficult it is to stay in someone else's house, even when you love them and enjoy their company - and how tiring it can be just to sit up and talk.

Hang in there - you're not alone -

Sue