Monday, October 09, 2006

Do you know how hard it is to come up with a good title?

Pretty dang hard.

This whole "long weekend thing" is screwing with my schedule: when you're home all the time, the days of the week are only recognizable by the schedules of the others in your home (and the shows on tv). My sister didn't go to work today; BabyGirl didn't show up. Wait...isn't it Monday??? I know I watched Brothers & Sisters last night, so it should be Monday.

Don't let them fool you: it is Monday. It's Monday in disguise.

Anyways, I got all my papers organized this weekend.
(I should keep a tally of how long that actually lasts: 2 days and counting.)

I lost an entire day yesterday trying to make a photobook on Shutterfly.
(Seriously, I am so anal about things like that... it would have been fine if I could just let things be!!)

On the plus side, I saw X-Men 3, which was very, very good. I was impressed, because I think all three of the movies have been utterly entertaining.
(My favorite shot was the one where Juggernaut threw Wolverine through the ceiling of one room and he came down through the ceiling in another... spectacular.)

Today, I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done: I've done 3 out of 5 of my siblings, but these last two are the hardest, because their moms are not my mom, so I don't have as much stuff to add. They are very picture heavy.
(And need to be finished in a month... so I better pick up the pace.)

Also, I'm trying not to obsess about BigBrother, Sister-in-law, Punkin and Peanut (Youngest Nephew, only Niece) moving back down to where her parents live. It's about 45 minutes away, so Punkin had to switch schools. But BigBrother and Sister-in-law will still be working up here, so we'll still be watching Peanut during the day. Basically, these two siblings will be being raised independently of one another, and I don't think it's a good idea. Also, with longer commutes, BigBrother and S-I-L will be getting home later, seeing less of both their kids. All around, I think it is a bad idea, but they've made their decision, and now all I can do is try to help them work it out in the best way possible.
(See, this is why people need to listen to me: the number of things I could say "I told you so" about in this situation are M_A_N_Y; but I resist. Except for here... here I can tell you that they are wrong, and not thinking clearly, and rushing rushing rushing into a very important decision without thinking through the consequences again!!!)

It's a beautiful fall day outside, but my house is about 15-12 degrees cooler. So I'm cold, and everybody who walks by says "Oh, but it's soo nice outside!" This means nothing to me, because I am inside, and here, it is cold.
(You might as well say, "Oh, but in Kentucky, it's sooo nice!" I am not in Kentucky, therefore it doesn't matter to me.)

That's about all the two-sided conversations I am up to having with myself this morning... I'll try and come up with something interesting for the next time we talk.

Have a great (faux) Monday, everybody!

2 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

Isn't it awful to not be able to say "I told you so"? I work very hard to resist it, but wish I could be a little less restrained. Some of the things I've told people so about are huge. Sometimes I feel just like Casandra.

Never That Easy said...

Well, I totally had to wikipedia Casandra because I was thinking of something totally different, but I get what you mean.

:)