Friday, January 19, 2007

Something I'm not going to want to explain to the tech guys

How Nerds wound up in my keyboard.

Thankfully, that didn't happen (it was a close call though).

Sometime in the next week or so, my laptop has to go back to CompUSA for yet another tweaking. I've had the computer for 2 years now, and this is its second such check-up. Last time, I wound up having to mail it back to HP, where they replaced the hard drive. I was not exactly pleased, but it would freeze-up randomly, and that was kind of prohibitive.

This time, two of my three USB ports have just quit working. As in, one day they worked, the next day... zip. And the third one is kind of temperamental. So... Having uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and given the fact that the Device Manager tells me they are working perfectly, and after three different tech guys (who all think I am very stupid), it's got to go back. Again.

But first, I've got to back up my hard drive, just in case they decide to wipe me out again. Which means I need to buy an external hard drive, which wasn't exactly in my budget, but I'm figuring it out. I'd appreciate any brands to look for/stay away from, if you know anything about this kind of thing.

In other news, the steroids were definitely making the flare worse. Not very nice of them, and completely in opposition to everything Zack (my doc) would expect them to do. Yet another example of NTE's completely freakish body, when, seriously, we had plenty of evidence already, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Crazed Nitwit said...

What? They're taking your laptop? What will you use? The steroids made you worse? Golly, guess your body hasn't read about how it should react to meds. I'm glad you figured out what not to do. Have you ever looked into homeopathic therapy? Not alone but as an addition? I know acupucture can help with certain pains. My A&P teacher is a naturopathic doctor but he's so anti-normal medicine that I think he goes too far. Glad you aren't suffering as much. I think of you often and am so glad we have gotten to know one another.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}