Monday, March 24, 2008

My Transparent Niece

I know everybody's going to have their Easter pix up today, but my camera is in another room, and the card with the pictures on it is in it. (Imagine that!) I'll try to get a few of those up later in the week. I hope everybody had a wonderful weekend, no matter how they spent it.

In the meantime, take a gander at this one:


My Transparent Niece
Originally uploaded by bbackprple


I promise you that this is straight out of the camera. I have no idea how it happened: I was playing with F-stops and exposures and .. well, everything, but I was quite surprised to see the resulting photo. Any of you photographically inclined people got any ideas on how this happened? Anyways, it's My Best Shot Monday!

16 comments:

Kim said...

Very cool! I love odd pictures that are SOOC. I have no idea how it happened, but it reminds me of a picture I took back in the early '90. It looked like my cat was playing baseball. :-)

Kyla said...

Very cool!

Kimberly said...

What a cool photo! She looks like a ghost. :)

I looked at your exif information and see the shutter speed was set to one second. My *guess* would be that the radiator was exposed first and then within that one second the child moved into the frame. Like I said, just a guess though. :)

Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Maggie said...

At first I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me! What a great shot!

Anonymous said...

Fun picture!

Christina said...

What a cool effect!

Sassy said...

She is magic, it's that simple!

Thank you for stopping by.

Stacy said...

don't know how you did it but it's cool nonetheless!

Unknown said...

That picture is kinda creepy. Cool, but creepy. :)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

wow - interesting! i bet you couldn't do that again if ya tried. ;)

kim said...

wow, a very cool accident

Unknown said...

Wow - I have absolutely no idea! That is really cool, though!

Thanks for stopping by my place today, too.

Rose said...

That is really cool - I also love those "happy mistakes".

Anonymous said...

That's very cool! It's definitely the result of a slow shutter speed. How awesome that it came out like that instead of just being blurry! :)

I have a similar photo, but I had to seriously edit it to get the effect. ;) But I have seen it done with slow shutter speeds before.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I ALWAYS favor SOOC shots any given day. And this ghostly image is why - so magestical! Mistakes gone good, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

If you are interested in a photo challenge, please join me at http://www.mikeleonen.com/