Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Rest, relaxation, peace? That'd be nice.




ColorQuiz.comNTE took the free ColorQuiz.com personality test!

"Urgently in need of rest, relaxation, peace, and a..."


Click here to read the rest of the results.




I know, I know, these things are like horoscopes - they keep them general so that they can apply to almost anyone's situation. But two things in this test just hit the nail on the head for me:

NTE's Existing Situation
Active, but feels that insufficient progress or reward is being made for the effort exerted.


NTE's Desired Objective
Urgently in need of rest, relaxation, peace, and affectionate understanding. Feels she has been treated with a lack of consideration and is upset and agitated as a result. Regards her situation as intolerable as long as her requirements are not complied with.



The "urgently in need of" part especially. I feel like I haven't had more than a minute's peace in almost 12 years. That's a long time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news:

I have to send my laptop off to be fixed either the end of this week or next week, which means no posts for however long it takes them to get it back to me. It also means I won't be able to read any posts, which seems a sort of torture. I don't understand it either -

I only started reading blogs last summer. Before that we had dial-up. I had an 8-yr-old computer that froze every time I opened more than one program. I thought all blogs were filled with political rantings (and usually of the wrong sort).

But now?

Now I need to check them whenever I get online. Now, I get mad when there are no new posts highlighted on my blogline account. (Even though I just checked them 2 hours ago: it's been two hours! Why didn't someone have something to say since then?). Now, I can spend 20 minutes wading through 96 comments that all echo or outshine the "what a great post!" entry I had planned, only not to comment in fear of being to repetitive. Now, I click through an entire blogroll, in the hopes of a spectacular new find. Now, I lurk at more than 50 blogs.

(BTW, I've seen on a couple of blogs already that it's National De-Lurking Week. I'm pretty sure someone just made this up and people started passing it along, but that won't stop me from mentioning it here, in the hopes that there are some lurkers who'd like to make themselves known.)

So being without my computer is not appealing to me. I've plenty of other things that need to get accomplished (my to-do list never seems to shrink), but I'm still putting it off as long as I can. (Besides, I have to figure out if I'm supposed to erase things before I send it or what. They weren't very specific over there.)

But I've still got the rest of this week, at least.

So I should be back.... in case you wanted to delurk: I promise not to miss it.

No comments: