Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Must go shopping

Internet people... I have a wedding to go to in less than three weeks. I have no clothes.


Not literally - I am not running around half naked all the time.

But mostly? The clothes I own? Are pajamas.

I spent most of my time in bed (ugh) & hardly ever leave the house. And dressing up? Well, if my doctor saw me in something other than my comfy Old Navy clothes, he might pass out.

The last time I wore a dress was almost 2 years ago for a cousin's wedding. I wore a dress that I didn't like then, but ran out of time to look for something better.

I am not skinny. Dress shopping is therefore, very little fun.

Also, my clothes have to be pretty particular: Something that I can wear my thick strapped bra with. Something that has little weight, because, sometimes, just the weight of clothes on my body is painful. Something that hides the numerous heating & Fentanyl patches I have to wear if I am leaving the house.

And, preferably, something that doesn't make me look like a big fat cow.

I have been browsing on-line, and found a few things. But I am leery of buying clothes online - the whole "I didn't try it on" thing. I know you can send it back, but still...

So, I think an actual trip to an actual store is in order here. This, of course, requires conservation of energy & exquisite timing (a 2 hour outing = at least 2 days recuperation). I think today is probably my best shot.

Cross your fingers for me, and if you have any suggestions about dresses or websites to look at, I'd love to hear from you. Cuz, even if I only get to be there for a half an hour, I'd like to look like a live person, rather than the scrub I feel like.

Thanks! Enjoy your Wednesday!

No comments: