Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh Lordy,

am I tired and sore.

I'm dragging this week, people: the tonsils that ate my throat are back, trying to see which of them can be bigger. And of course, there's the tiny matter of a slight fever, and, you know... it's hot here, right now, so I'm hot and sweaty and sticky. And, I suppose, slightly crabby... because that sounded a lot like whining to me. Which I don't like, sooo MOVING ON.

So yesterday (or the day before, I guess, because it's 3 in the morning), I got my fantastic Color Me Happy Swaparooni gift, but I haven't taken a picture of them yet, and now it's very very dark and you wouldn't be able to see the pretty little stitches in my pillowcase... The theme this month was Comfort, so getting a book and a pillowcase hit the mark exactly: The SmockLady did a great job, and she sent me what seems to be a great, relaxing book. This was my first swap, and I was soo excited. I hope she likes her package: when she gets it, I'll post what I sent, so everybody can see... I had SUCH fun picking out little pieces for her package, and reading her blog, getting to know her and her family. You should pop over, if you get a chance, congratulate her on their expanding family. You all know how I love big families, so I think Ms. Smock is one lucky lady!

I did reconsider, more than once, joining the group, but only because I hardly ever leave the house, so planning specific trips just to go shopping is not in the normal realm of things around here. But it did me good to journey out of the familiar - and to get out of the house in a non-doctor/hospital/test related way. I've paid up to be a part of the next 4 Swaps, so I'm going to stay in it, I think... It's nice to have something different to look forward to.

People who aren't sick say things like "Don't let your illness define you" all the time, and it's something that makes me want to punch them in the face, because... well, everything that's important in your life defines you, and being sick is pretty damn important. But it is nice to have something separate from that, something that's got nothing to do with pain or pills or my sisters or my parents... just something that's mine.

It's why this blog is so important to me (and why I keep it so anonymous): because it's hard to have anything that's just your own, and I need to protect those things when and where I can find them. So I'm glad to be a Swaparooni member, and will be doubly glad when The SmockLady let's me know that her package arrived safe and sound.

And I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow... or this morning, if I feel like it when the sun finally gets up.

Happy Wednesday all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I haven't suffered from a chronic illness, I remember having the same feeling when I was pregnant with Alliclaus. Everyone kind of gave me the "buck up" speech, everyone's sick while they're pregnant, learn to focus. But being sick was what my world revolved around.

I'm glad your swap gave you an opportunity to think away from that for even a little while.