Sunday, January 01, 2006

A couple of books to keep an eye out for

People - how do I love the PostSecret site? I cannot explain my fascination (I also, apparently, cannot spell fascination). But I'm very excited that there's a book: Collection of Secrets.


The next offerings in some of my current favorite series should be out the beginning of the year:

Memory In Death A bit more of Eve's past is revealed... I'm already on the library hold list for this speed read.

A New Cynster Novel (I almost can't imagine how there could be more, but I still enjoy them so I won't complain) came out recently: Truth about Love

It's not my favorite series, but I've really been enjoying the Francesca Cahill mysteries. Next up for her is Deadly Kisses

And since I love the Stephanie Plum books and Metro Girl (another Christmas gift - Thanks Mum!) by Janet Evanovich, I'll be checking out Motor Mouth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even the Publishers Weekly review of Stephen King's next book is gripping:

What if a pulse sent out through cell phones turned every person using one of them into a zombie-like killing machine? That's what happens on page six of King's latest, a glib, technophobic but compelling look at the end of civilization—or at what may turn into a new, extreme, telepathically enforced fascism.

So I'll be looking out for Cell as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random other reads on my list:


The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult


With a title like this, who could resist?
You're Wearing That?


The Monk Downstairs by Tim Farrington

Goddess of The Rose by P.C. Cast


Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping by Judith Levine

Dr. Golem - How to think about Medicine by Harry M. Collins

-------------------------------------------------


I'm sure there'll be more, but I can see there's plenty to anticipate.

No comments: