Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Riddle me this, Batman

Is there some sort of drawer shortage I am unaware of?

Drawers: plain old, bureau drawers.

You know, the kind you put your socks in?

Sister #2 put out a chest of drawers yesterday, as she is doing some changing around of her room. It was a perfectly nice chest of drawers - no scratches or anything: She only got rid of it for 2 reasons. First, it was from her ex-fiance's family. Second, there is zero storage space left in our basement. So she put it behind the hedges of our front yard, closer to the curb for trash night. And, perhaps, in the hopes that someone would come along and claim it before then.

That was Sunday.

Yesterday a young man came to the door and asked if it was trash. I said "sure, help yourself." He pulled out his cell phone, talked for a while, and then drove away with nothing. About 11:30 last night, I heard voices in the yard, and looked out the window to see that the young man was back with a big white van. Hooray, I thought... Now we won't have to worry about moving it out to the sidewalk & calling the city for pickup.

But when I checked this morning?

The shell of the piece was still there. All 9 drawers were missing.

Internet Peoples: What's up with that? What do you do with 9 drawers?

I couldn't really think of anything at all.

No comments: