Monday, April 06, 2009

Sorry, no MBSM

today, as I'm not in a "best of" anything sort of mood.

Instead, I'm allowing myself to feel sorry for myself, which is better than feeling angry at myself, which is where I was about 4 hours ago, so it can only get better from here.

Right?

No big deals or anything, just pouting because this newest, bestest, totally heavy-duty/take after major surgery pain med the doc put me on this weekend has been no more useful to me than taking Tic Tacs three times a day. Probably even less useful than Tic Tacs, because they've never made me itchy and never - even when I eat an entire tin at one sitting - made me nauseous either. Can't say that for this newest mega-drug.

It was only a three day trial course, but I feel like if they don't start inventing new drugs soon, I'm going to eventually - and not that distant in the future type of eventually - run out of options. And it's hard enough to keep up hope when there are other drugs still to try. When there's none? Yeah, I'm just not going to let myself think about that until - IF - I ever get there.

But I'm still going to let myself feel sorry that it wasn't this drug. That it wasn't this weekend. That it wasn't this answer.

No comments: