Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Collective told me to

1.One of your scars, how did you get it?
I have a chicken pox scar, a little moon-crater, over the arch of my left eyebrow. The scary thing is that my brother and sister - who both had the chicken pox at the same time as me, have very similar scars. There must have been something in that strain?

2.What do you want more than anything right now?
A hot shower. A really, really hot shower.

3. Do you know what time you were born?
I was born at 8:30 pm on a Tuesday night, at the conclusion of Laverne & Shirley. I don't know if my mom was waiting for the show to be over or what.

4. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My nana's dollhouse. It was elaborate and breakable and off limits till I was 7. But once I was allowed to use it, it was like I had my own little world (where they had both a spinning wheel and a TV: Anachronism was not in my vocabulary then).

5. The Best TV show ever created
Since Joe already answered this correctly, I'll do the runner-up: The Daily Show

6. The last person you talked to
My Uncle sneezed and I god blessed him.

7. Do you get scared in the dark?
Yes, if necessary.

8. The last person to make you cry?
My Grandmother's been telling me stories from her childhood the past three weeks: She lost her mother when she was 6, 2 of her five siblings in WWII, and the last three within the past 5 years. So, definitely her.

9. How many wisdom teeth do you have
Zero. I had 4, but I didn't have space for them (or 8 other teeth, for that matter).

10. What is your favorite cologne/perfume?
Do not like. Can not use.

11. What kind of hair/eye color do you like on the opposite sex?
No preference. But if they have an accent, then I'm there.

12. Would you rather be smart or funny?
I'd rather be funny, because you can always learn more, get smarter. Funny is natural.

13. Coffee or energy drinks?
I don't like either, but I'll have a cuppa (tea, that is).

14.If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
I'd really like a steak and cheese sub with pickles, and some of those thick cut steak fries. Greasy, hot, and salty: Yum.

15. Who is the last person you made mad?
My brother. Cuz I'm right, and he knows it.

16. Do you speak another language?
I know a little bit of most of the romance languages, but not enough to remember the word for 'purple' when Lil Girl is asking me for it.

17. Do you like someone?
I don't, but I'm open to.

18. Would you fall in love knowing the other person is leaving?
Would I have any other choice? If you can stop the fall, it's probably not love.

19. What is the best way to tell someone how much they mean to you?
You could get them a conversation pot. Or direct traffic to their new etsy shop. :)

20. What annoys you most?
People who think it's ok to say hurtful things: It's not, FYI.

21. Have you been out of the US?
No: wanna take me?

22. Your weaknesses?
An accent, a sense of humor, sexy nerds holding babies.

23. If you could get plastic surgery, what would it be?
When I was a kid I thought I had the biggest nose ever, but then I grew into it. What if I had surgery and then the rest of me grew so that it would fit the original part? I'd look pretty odd, I think.

24. Why did you fill out this survey?
Because I want to be cool like the Collective.

25. Are you too shy to ask someone out?
I don't think shy is the same as socially awkward, so no.

26. What do you get complimented about the most?
Apparently, I am very patient. I did not know this about myself, but people keep telling me I am. Perhaps they should instead be complimenting my ability to hide my true feelings about things.

27. What would you do if alcohol became illegal?
I'd have to start a rehab for all the drunks I know, I suppose. They'd be a mess.

28. How many kids do you want?
More than I currently have.

29. Were you named after anyone?
My first name is from a pop song, my middle name is my Mom's name.

30. When did you last cry?
Didn't we already talk about this? Why do I have to keep telling you that my grandmother was almost put on an orphan train headed for Tennessee?

31. Any bad habits?
Of course. I have a hard time admitting when I'm wrong, even over something as simple - and easily verifiable - as movie quotes. (I could have sworn it came from Caddyshack.)

32. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I hope so.

33. Do you know anybody who's famous?
I really, really don't.

34. Do looks matter?
The looks you give me matter, so you better not be staring at the chair, buster.

35. How do you release your anger?
I'm good at the long seethe: so that just when you only vaguely remember the thing that you've done to wrong me, you'll be surprised by the venom of my response.

36. Do you trust others easily?
I'm no pushover, but I'm always looking for the nicest explanation to things, so I might believe that you really did lose power just to your alarm clock, or that your homework was bacon flavored, and thus, attracted your dog unduly.

37. Favorite thought-provoking song?
I have neither a favorite thought-provoking song, or a suitably witty joke song.

38. Favorite day of the year?
The first day I can smell fall.

39. Favorite expression?
Although The Collective has already used it, it's got to be "That's what she said." Which fits nicely at the end of more than one of my responses. I'll let you decide which ones.

No comments: