Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Letting Other People Tell You Where I Am

 “I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings.”- Mary Oliver
“Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” - Bernice Johnson Reagon
“I want so much that is not here and do not know where to go.” - Charles Bukowski
“There is no coming to consciousness without pain.  People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”  Carl Jung

“It’s okay to feel the way you feel. You can feel angry. You can feel afraid. You can feel crushingly disappointed. You can feel bitter. AND you can feel the love.” Pace, 12-12

Mostly, I've been feeling the darkness, doing everything I can to avoid feeling the darkness (including some new obsessions which I will be back to share with you soon), and facing a whole bunch of things I'd really rather not face - about myself, my situation, and my future.  It's "figuring some shit out" time, I guess, and so far, I don't much like the stuff I'm coming up with.    I'm also having a super low-spoon issue - which is not news, but is particularly frustrating, because I'm used to having a set number of spoons - small but reliable - and without even those few spoons, I'm continuously frustrated with myself & my inability to get things accomplished most days.  I don't know if it's new meds (I think it might be), but I do not like it.  And coming at an emotionally taxing time, as well, that's not helpful.    

But I haven't been completely silent.  I managed to post over at The Band (the completely awesome, supportive Band Back Together) about one of my worst fears, one of the things that's most terrifying to me right this minute.  I've been active on Twitter for a bit, c'mon over and chit chat with me in 140 characters if that's your thing.  And I'm coming back here, because, as always, not saying things is hurting too much.  So, I'm here: trying to feel the love, and hoping y'all are feeling it too.  :)

No comments: