Saturday, June 09, 2007

Words we could use more (part 1)

Because I have definite ideas about what people should not be saying anymore, I thought I'd also lend my support to a word that I feel is not used enough these days.

Minx.

As an avid reader (OK, perhaps that's not exactly the right word, but I can't think of anything besides 'rabid' that would be a better description, and I don't like that adjective when it's applied to me), I know that minx was apparently a wonderful, tongue in cheek compliment to ladies of the Ton in Regency Era England. It was flirtatious and endearing. I know this because Harlequin never lies. It is gospel truth, my friends. GOSPEL. (And the more 'modern' definitions that can be better defined by the word 'skank?' Well, those are just ridiculous.)

Ahem.

Either way, I'm just saying... minx could be used more. I think it should make a comeback.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I think that is a good idea too