Monday, August 18, 2008

You wanna know the truth?

I just haven't felt like it.

That's why I've been so quiet here lately... I just haven't felt like it. I'm a little bit in my shell these past few weeks: a bit of bad news here, an added responsibility there; a lame attempt to clean up some of the clutter in my room (and life); projects to finish and discoveries to make; a book that's scaring the shit out of me (and making me consider what I'm putting into my body and what I'm expecting out of it); doctors' offices to fight with (or ignore); mosquitoes to swat away, plagues to prevent; a little bit of time for reflection on the crappy year that's been, and the time that's yet to come; just stuff. Life and stuff.

And so, my brain says things like "You should blog this. Or at least write it down so you'll have something to blog when you get around to it," and another part of my brain goes "Nah." It's pretty obvious which part has been winning.

Also? It kind of got to the point where I just felt like I was complaining about the same things over and over again, sharing the same pictures over and over again, telling you ... nothing, really. And I don't want to blog like that.

So, I'm going to try to work it out. Whether that means I post more, or less, or whatever... I'm not sure yet. But we'll figure it out. I hope you stick around.

I'd miss you if you left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you are on my RSS feeds so when you do post, however long the gap ... I can see there's something new and come around.

I think these things are cyclic. There will be a time again when you want to blog. In the meantime there's no rush :o)

I still have a blog on my RSS feeds which has not had a new entry in over a year. I still hope one day he'll start posting again.

seahorse said...

A lot of people have been quiet lately, and it's good that we feel a need to have a break knowing that when we return we can pick up again.

Rachel is way ahead with RSS feeds. Great idea, may look into it as it'll be a memory jogger for me to check out what people are writing. I go to ground too!

YoYo said...

No matter what you have going through that dizzy head of yours.. keep on typing. It makes you feel better, and no matter what is going on in that crazy world.. it makes it dissapear even if it just a few minutes. Enjoy those few minutes.. because those are extremely sacred.
You are stronger than you will ever realize, and I don't know anyone that can be put through everything you have and still be such an inspiration, and one of the most amazing people I know.
you have all the love in the world from me.

jc