Monday, September 01, 2008

The Star Wars Party Book: Recipes and Ideas for Galactic Occasions The Star Wars Party Book: Recipes and Ideas for Galactic Occasions by Mikyla Bruder


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Ok, the book itself isn't all that amazing, but getting my 8 year old nephew to plan menus, make a shopping list, decorate for a "fancy dinner" and then help cook and clean up? I'd give this a jillion stars. We're having our second annual Star Wars Dinner tomorrow, at his request, so it was definitely worth however much it cost. (Although, I'm pretty sure I got it at the UBS, so it probably didn't cost that much in the first place.)



The recipes are just... regular recipes with Star Wars names, but they're interestingly presented, and creative (Han Solo Hoagies, Rancor Snacks, Jabba's Juice). And the pictures of the action figures with the food are a great bonus, and provide that extra incentive for kids to move from just reading about it to doing it.



There's two other Star Wars cookbooks, and I might know a little boy who's getting them for Christmas.


View all my reviews.

No comments: