Sunday, August 27, 2006

Because I know you all like to know what I am thinking

As soon as I am thinking it, I thought I'd do a little Emmy -lovin post.

In almost real-time!


First off, Conan is rocking as host:

Of course it's heavy, it's filled with the shattered dreams of four other people

And that rhymes with g as in g we're screwed.
the bit with bob newhart... too funny

The Segdway podium... also funny



--------------------

Sean Hayes pretending to cry

OMG --- the West wing won't be on this fall. I might cry RIGHT NOW!
-------------------
--- It better be chandra Wilson. (who looks be-a-uutiful).. and then it was not. That's just wrong: but then again, I don't watch huff.
----------------------
Mostly, I'm watching, thinking, wow we have some really crappy shows on TV, if these are the things getting nominated: Two and a Half Men (which, right ... my grandmother thinks is hilarious, but I think it's ridiculous). My Name is Earl? May be considered very funny, but I just don't get it at all.
-----------------
Commercial break: quick flip over to Pirates of the Caribbean on Channel 5, in the hopes of catching a glimpse of either Jack Sparrow or Will Turner. Nada. Fooey
----------------------
Never seen the girl in the cafe... oh well.
--------------------

I love how the name of the Weeds episode had to be bleeped out. That is too funny.
---------
The Office is such a funny funny show. Certainly funnier than My name is Earl (did I mention I don't get the appeal of that show?)

but I loved that guys acceptance speech. "God... that's just not cool."
---
also, lemme just say, that the Mac commercials? are seriously funny. I almost want a Mac, but know that I am too lazy to learn a whole different operating system. (I'd be all Where's the little talking paper clip? or why isn't my cursor turning into a pointing finger?)
-------
Simon Cowell's chest is not something that I need to be seeing. Button up, buddy.

Bandstand. Bonus. I looove me some Bandstand. Not that I ever saw it, but I love it just the same. And Dick Clark, well, he hosted Bloopers and Practical Jokes. That's all there is to say about that.
OMG... and the pyramid. Can I play the pyramid? Cuz I will. Don't make me. I will totally beat you, too.


Simon Cowell needs to not be talking. I dislike him right now. He's so smug even though he's not doing anything.

Dick looks FABULOUS. And y'all better stand up. He sounds better. And looks better and I thought his speech was very moving.

*also, just a side note here, as a wheelchair user who can walk with LOTS of help, the stairs on all these shows kind of pisses me off. There's no way for someone who can't climb the stairs to win & get up there. They have to wait backstage or something. It's not equality, people. It's little things like that that you don't notice till you need to notice. Even if somebody just broke their toe or something, they'd have to hop up there. Why not a little ramp on one side? Just sayin' End of rant*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tina Fey is funny. I'm looking forward to her new show.



I also love the Colbert Report. And I think the Tony's should be in a separate category. It doesn't seem like those two things are similar (not to even mention
Barry manilow).



---------
I should probably be paying more attention, but this part was boring. Move on please.
To something interesting.

But Conan gets a bonus again, with the whole "Kareem Abdul Jabar" bit. (Is it sad that I would only know who he is b/c I watched Airplane a lot as a kid?)

I should probably be paying more attention, but this part was boring. Move on please.
To something interesting.

But Conan gets a bonus again, with the whole "Kareem Abdul Jabar" bit. (Is it sad that I would only know who he is b/c I watched Airplane a lot as a kid?)


Marishka Hargitay: Didn't she just have a baby. Cus she's too skinny for that.
But I don't like her new hair... or her dress. One is too long the other is too frumpy.

I liked the little Deal or No Deal bit, even though I don't watch that show.


The Bears for the Colbert Report. LOL
Also The David Blaine Bit. I'm sorry, but that was pretty funny.

All the variety show bits were funny, I usually like them. :)

Jon Stewart is a funny guy, and The Daily Show is excellent always. But I'm waiting for tomorrow night's Colbert Report, b/c I know it's going to be good. No, wait... are they on vacation??? UGH if they are. Not good.
-----
Just checkin back with the Pirates, and there, again, I'm watching the ghosties. These things should be timed better. I dont like ghosties. I want Depp or Bloom. Darn Pirates.
-----

They're running the Governor commercials already (have been for months actually), and I really have no idea of who I am voting for. I know who I am NOT voting for, but narrowing down who I will vote for is a bit harder.

------------------------------------------

I wish I had TIVO. That would be very, very nice. Colbert Report, West Wing, and Daily Show repeats whenever I choose. :drool:

House. I love that he has an English Accent. It just makes him Hotter. And the French bit was funny. I didn't see any of those miniseries. I can't think of the last time I watched a mini-series. Oh well.


I love Bradley Whitford, and I think they have some great chemistry. Another show I'm looking forward to. Yippee.
ETA: See, doesn't that look good? And it's not to far away.

The Office, it would be nothing without Steve Carrell. The King of Queens is nothing, even with the very funny Kevin James. And Monk is all about Tony Shaloub. So I'm very OK with him winning, because he does a fabulous job as Monk.

Uh-oh, dead people montage forthcoming. Must find tissues.
----


Candice Bergen is wearing something very unatttractive.

She looks exactly the same: Jackie Collins - it's been what, 20 years? Um... I'm going to decline to comment. But the tribute to Aaron Spelling was moving: I didn't know how much he had done, and how long his career was. (Although we could have done without Fantasy Island, IMO) But the And The Band Played On was such a strong piece, and I've watched 90210, Charmed, 7th Heaven, even the Angels on re-runs. (And they looked pretty dang good themselves) It's a strong body of work, that's for sure. Aww... little bit of tears, learning more about the man.

-------------------------&&&&&--------------------------------

10:02, and I don't know if poor Bob will make it.


Have to go scrounge up my 10:00 feeding, but I don't want to miss Jon & Steven together.

I didn't see any of the made-for-TV movies, either. Although I liked the commercial for the girl in the cafe. So, that's nice, anyways.
Also, the mention of a new Harry Potter movie is enough to cheer me up a bit.


LOL Conan. Fox News. Uck.

Here's my guys... I knew they would be funny. "Godless sodomites." "Pablum"
"Golden Idol... Babylon" There's sooo cute. I could melt.


"I Lost to Barry Manilow!!!!" Line of the night. Line of the night!


Why, in your acceptance speech, do you have to say "who's here tonight"? I don't think that matters one way or the other, does it? Not to me anyways.

I hate the "In Memoriam" because I always forget who has died, and then I'm sad all over again.
(Shelley Winters, Richard Pryor, John Spencer, Don Knotts)

And I hate how sometimes people clap and sometimes they don't. That just makes me sadder.

1 comment:

Maya's Granny said...

I wish I had TIVO. That would be very, very nice. Colbert Report, West Wing, and Daily Show repeats whenever I choose. :drool:

Me too! Also, Monk. Love it. Always so nice to find someone who shares my taste in anything. Especially, Colbert and Stewart.