Courtesy of Diner Girl
TEN Random Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. My bookshelf is organized by author, genre and color (in that order).
2. I eat Snickers bars by taking a bite, then sucking all the chocolate off, then sucking on the caramel and peanuts.
3. I can move my pinky toe independently of the rest of my toes.
4. I hate mayonaise. And tunafish. And together? They are probably the most disgusting thing ever.
5. I believe in things a grown-up probaly shouldn't still believe in.
6. When there's a funeral at the church across the street, I sometimes cry just watching them all file in behind the casket.
7. When I was well, and a dancer, I could do splits easily and comfortably make my feet rest up behind my head.
8. I love to make lists, but don't always follow them.
9. My brother and I each have a chicken pox scar in the same exact place: over the arch of our left eyebrow.
10. I think poetry needs to be read aloud or else it's not interesting.
NINE Places I've Visited:
1. Kissimee, Florida (Where I saw it rain on one side of the street, with the sun shining on the other. Also where I saw my first rainbow.)
2. Point Sebago, Maine (I LOVED it... even though we were in a trailer)
3. NYC (In general, too loud for me, but I'd love to go and see a show, stay at the Plaza with Eloise, etc.)
4. Washington D.C. (History Day, 1993)
5. Wareham/Cape Cod, MA
6. North Conway, NH
7. Disney World
8. Newport, RI
9. San Diego, CA (although I was 2 months old, so I don't remember it)
EIGHT Ways to Win My Heart:
1. Love me for me: see past the broken down body enough to care about me as a person.
2. Be understanding.
3. Don't have pets. I like animals, but am allergic.
4. Love & be able to interact well with kids. (Not that goofy, totally fake crap that so many grown-ups do: really enjoy their company.)
5. Allow me to have the remote control more often.
6. Understand that reading is not a waste of time, but rather a necessity.
7. Stick up for me.
8. Get that talking to my mom or sisters about you [i] is [/i] going to happen. Deal.
SEVEN Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
1. Get Better.
2. Get Better.
3. Get Better.
4. Get Better.
5. Get Better.
6. Get Better.
7. Get Better. (Yes, there are other things I'd like to do, but if I could only get one, that'd be it.)
SIX Things I'm Afraid Of:
1. Outliving the people I love.
2. Never getting better.
3. Never finding my place in the world.
4. Losing my debit card.
5. That feeling when you know something is wrong but you can't figure out what it is.
6. That things will go from bad to worse.
FIVE Things I Don't Like:
1. Not being able to be nicer to myself.
2. Insensitive, rude, or just plain careless people.
4. People who think reading romance novels equals being dumb. (Hey, I've read Tolstoy... I just didn't enjoy him as much as I enjoy Nora Roberts!)
5. When the UPS guy doesn't ring the bell. He was HERE, he stuck his little sticky note on the door that said we weren't home. I was HERE, so I know he never rang the bell. Wouldn't it be just as easy to give me my package as to stick the note up?
FOUR Ways to Turn Me Off:
1. Wearing a scent - again with the allergies.
2. Being rude to service people, strangers, or (God Forbid) your family.
3. Acting like you're right even when you know you're not. Just admit it already.
4. Suggesting that "everybody gets fatigued," or telling me about some "MIRACLE cure" you read about on the internet: I know my disease backwards, forwards and inside out. I stay current on research, treatments, new developments. I have tried everything my doctors can think of...if there were a cure, I would know about it. Thanks for thinking of me, but really, don't you think I do everything I can to not be like this? Perhaps you adding more pressure - kindly or otherwise - really isn't the greatest idea.
THREE Things I Do Every Day:
2. Take my meds
3. Talk to someone I love
TWO Things that Make Me Happy:
1. My niece and nephews
ONE Thing On My Mind Right Now:
1. I really need to get this site all spiffy. I need to get a new template, write and edit a new blogroll (as the old one still hasn't shown up completely), figure out what the heck blogger beta is. I don't know when I'll get any of this done, but it's on my mind.