Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Since I am totally over feeling sorry for myself, let me just hit you with a couple of things that I think you should see.


First, I know everybody and their mother is already reading dooce, but seriously?
This entry? Way.Too.Funny.:

Normally I like to leave spaghetti noodles very long so that I can twirl them around my fork like people do in the movies. But lately I’ve been trying to make everything as appealing to Leta as possible, so this weekend I broke the entire box of noodles in half. That way she had at least a fighting chance of getting an entire noodle into her mouth without realizing just how slimy and oogly a cooked piece of pasta can be. It didn’t work, it never does, and instead of eating a single bite she spent the entire meal wiping pasta sauce off each noodle. With a wet wipe. Until every noodle in her bowl was clean. As if preparing her personal space for the triumphant return of the Lord.

Because I can totally see Leta sitting there, wiping off each noodle till it sparkles.

-----
Miss Zoot has a bit in her post about my new 'favoritest' show: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. People? Why are you not watching this show??? It is excellent: soaked in Sorkin-y goodness. Fast, witty dialogue; characters who care; sly, intelligent humor. If they cancel this show, I will be very upset with you all.

------
And Gina had a line that pretty much sums up how I feel about the people upstairs:

And really, if you are going to spend your whole life wishing you were somewhere else, do the rest of us a favor and go already.

Now if only I could find a way to get them to do it...

Happy Tuesday all...

No comments: