Tuesday, September 19, 2006

For Enquiring Minds

*Thanks for enquiring*

The biopsy itself went wonderfully: sugar-cube-o-muscle removed quickly, easily and with no complications. The incision is about 3 inches long, and I have a bruise the size of a dessert plate on my leg (I bruise beautifully, BTW: I always manage not to discriminate against any color in the rainbow.)


The after effects of the biopsy are not as easily managed, however. I have severely underestimated the amount of work my right upper thigh does on any given day (Hello sitting. And turning. And also bending. Or stretching). And now that it is unusable, my left leg is not happy to pick up the slack. Also, the constant shifting that my regular pain levels require only amps up the whole "muscle with a piece missing" pain. Enter the dreaded FIBRO FLARE. It is dreaded and deadly. The pain pills are having a hard time deciding where they should go, and mostly decide to float around aimlessly for their entire worklife.

So, my brain and body aren't exactly working at any specific capacity...Unless there is a specific capacity labeled "Holy Shit this hurts and why did I let my doctor talk me into doing this."

But I'll be back when I can, and (given the fact that my family, as a whole, has been ... less than supportive) I can't say how much it means to me that you all are thinking about me out there.

So thanks, mind Enquirers. :)

2 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

Sorry that it's been so hard. Glad that you are mending and will be back soon.

Boo on anyone in your life who isn't as supportive as you need and deserve right not.

Wystful1 said...

Hope the discomfort and all the 'side effects' go away and you can heal quickly.