Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where's House when you need him?

Here are some words that I don't think the doctor should say to me, just nonchalantly.

Biopsy and Surgery.

Yeah... Don't just sneak those in on me, when I am not looking. And certainly don't add the word "Friday" in, just for fun. Particularly in this context:" Yeah, I think we'll just see if we can squeeze the muscle biopsy in on Friday, if the surgeon can fit you in."


UM.... WHAAAAAAAAt?

So, instead of the muscle zapping test that I thought I was going in for this week? (and really didn't want, but was at least semi-prepared for...)


A nice muscle biopsy.


Because the tremors (that I didn't. even. know. I. had.) are noticeably worse.
(Seriously, don't your muscles twitch when someone is holding your feet and telling you to pull your toes up towards you? I never really noticed it before, but it didn't seem odd till they told me it wasn't supposed to happen.) And the docs think it might help them to see a piece of my muscle up close.

I bet it's really pretty. But I think it's probably pretty happy where it is.

To be honest, this is not supposed to be the biggest deal. Probably won't need anything more than a local (I'll find out tomorrow), and they'll take about an inch or two square out. It should heal fine & quickly, a few days of pain, and that should be that. Except... the last time I had surgery it screwed me over big time, for a long time. (But that was a pretty major surgery and this is a pretty minor one, so I'm trying not to freak out.)

But really? I'd rather not.

1 comment:

Maya's Granny said...

I would rather you never had to face things like this. Know that I will be thinking of you and wish you the very best.