Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hour # I hate maths (also = 19)

We're getting into the wee small hours, here, and I'm not exactly feeling the number-love, so this post is just going to say that I finished another 100 pages of Tempt me at Twilight and am 67 pages into Vision in White by Nora Roberts, which is my first re-read of the whole Readathon. I've been reading non-stop since my last update, an hour and a half ago, so that's 180 minutes. And now I'm going to listen to the end of my audiobook, or head back into La Nora, (something nice and easy) with a short break to go grab another water and to close my window because it's getting cold.

Before she went to bed, Mum says to me "If you happen to feel your eyes closing... don't fight it," which is kind of one of those very sad jokes that only we get, because I've had insomnia now for at least 7 years: You can wager any amount of money that, challenge or no, if my eyes started to close? I would let them. She did have a good point though, that if somebody tells you you can't do something, it makes you want to do it even more, because people are perverse that way. So maybe, in the next couple of hours, I'll figure out that the way to solve my insomnia is to tell people I HAVE to stay awake. You could also lay a wager down that, if that works, I will pay someone to tell me that. Every night, for as long as it takes.

3 comments:

Julie said...

ooh 19 hourrs! congrats on staying up! Anyways just take a break if you need to and snack on something. I'm sure you'll be recharged to read more.

Anonymous said...

You're doing a wonderful job, keep it up!

Sue Jackson said...

See, this is another reason why I never paid much attention to the Readathon before. Not only do I need 9-10 hours of sleep each night, but I also can't make it through the daytime hours without my nap...unless I'm willing to crash the next day on purpose (nope).

Can't wait to hear how the rest goes for you...

Sue