Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oh, I yust go nuts at Christmas

I may have overestimated how much I could get done in a reasonable amount of time this year. (As if I haven't done it every other year?)

I'm doing pretty well with my family, so far:

The two people whose names I drew are getting thoughtful and pretty excellent presents, if I do say so myself. I only need wrapping paper for them.

Youngest Nephew & Baby Girl were easy to shop for, and I only need one more thing for each of them.

Both of my grandmothers are getting 'homemade' gifts from Snapfish: a calendar for one, a small book for the other.

I've got Christmas Kellys for everyone's stockings, as well as all the free stuff I've collected all year. (This is a great tip, btw: I'm a freebie fiend, and I sign up for them all year long. This year I've gotten everything from trial size shampoos & conditioners, to finger puppets, to chewing gum. I collect it all year, and will be able to contribute to the stockings pretty easily.)

That said, though, with 12 days left, not nearly enough of my list is completed:

Oldest Nephew, who I don't know as well, has yet to produce a list. And SisterJ, who was supposed to get some ideas for us, can remember only that "He wants a toy that starts with A... Maybe Avia? Something?" As you can imagine, this is not very useful.

Blogger Ornament Exchange: Hello, this means you have to buy and ship an ornament ASAP, fruit loop. Yeah, I probably should've thought of that before I signed up, right?

Same goes for the Spoonie Secret Santa exchange, from the But You Don't Look Sick messageboards. Must now by and ship Spoonie presents.

*I really want to participate in these things, by the way. I just have to get over the idea of the 'perfect' present, and do my best for each. I already have some great ideas, from reading my BOE blogger's site & my Spoonie's 'about you' page. It's the getting out there to shop now that it's too late to online shop for these presents thing that's a worry.*

I also still need presents for my best friend/ex-college roommate; SisterC & her boyfriend (who declined being included in the swap, b/c they are difficult & let's not even go there, b/c then I will rant about buying presents for people that I don't really like and how impossible it is); & birthday gifts for Mum, SisterC & her boyfriend, Dad & SisterJ (we're in the middle of my family clump, people; everybody but me and the kids has their birthday between November & February).

So, it's split about 60/40 right now. 60% done, 40% to go. Not too bad, but I'd like it to be better.

How about you guys? What's your ratio lookin like?

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love that free stuff idea. I have to do that! I'm about 70/30 but I have so much going on & my husband's job is very busy right now, I have no idea when I'm going to get it done.

Never That Easy said...

Bethany ~

I don't know how I'm going to get my 40% done in 10 days, either. 10 DAYS. Oh, lordy