Friday, December 08, 2006

(Secret) Santa Baby

I know I've said this already, but, wishing is hard! I mean, I could think of lots of things to wish for other people or things like feeling like a normal person again, for myself, but doable, realistic-type wishes? I repeat: hard!

But... I've got a couple. First: the rules and all that fun stuff: I found out about it through Writing Aspirations. The rules she posted follow:

------------
If you would like to participate as a Secret Santa Blogger, here is what you should do.

1. Tell me via email or comment that you'd like your name on the participant list (or not if you don't want me to list you).

2. Create a post with your "wish list". Tag it "Secret Santa" so it's easier to search.

- If you have items that need to be mailed, be sure to leave a way for a secret santa to send you something. (Either your address or give your address to a friend blogger [yes, you can use me] and then leave a note like: If you want to mail me something - email my friend at "whatever" to request my mailing address - that way it's still a surprise and you aren't sharing your address to the world)

3. Grab a button to use on your site.

4. Put the button in your sidebar and have it link to the post of your wish list.

5. I'll create a post of participants and create a button that will link to a page of those participants.
- send me the link to your wish list or secret santa post so that I can include the link to it on the list of participants.

There you go! This is just for fun. This is completely voluntary and there are NO promises that you'll receive anything. Your wish list can be silly and include things like: "I wish someone would show me the code to align the buttons on my sidebar" or "I wish I had a button of a pretty ornament" to something more serious like "I would like a gift certificate to Borders" or even "I wish someone would get me a car."
---------------



And now... My Wishes:

I wish... people cared more: Pick a charity, any charity; donate. Write your congresspeople. Sign a petition. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Just DO something! (& if you do, drop me a line, leave me a comment: let me know you care too.)

My most selfish wish? A couple of days in a nice hotel, with big, fluffy pillows, a hot tub and some room service. Because I haven't had a vacation in a really, really long time, and while my ultimate vacation would be one where I could leave my body behind, I know I'm going to have to bring the stupid thing with me. So, a nice rest: a couple of days with a hot tub to soak in, a comfy bed that isn't my own to settle down in, watch some movies, call my friends, eat some cake or something. A nice, cozy wish.

My most unselfish wish? A couple of days/weeks/lifetimes of maid service for Mum. I know just how hard she works, just how much a toll on her health my ill-health has been. To make things easier for her, in whatever way, for however long? It would make my heart happy.

I wish... people would want to share their good news as much as they want to share their bad (myself included). Sometimes it's hard to be positive when you're in my situation, and I don't want to get stuck in the negative. Othertimes, I'm feeling ok with where I am, and then it seems like everybody wants to tell me all about how horribly their day sucked. I'm looking for good news people: it's the season for it, at least.

I guess I'd wish for gift certificates: E-bay or Amazon: the thrill of the hunts would probably be that much better if I could afford to buy something! Or Snapfish credits (because I go through those things like CANDY)!

I wish ... I knew a way to incorporate the 2 tablespoons of flax Seed my doctor reccomends into my diet without wanting to throw-up.

I wish ... you'd tell me the best book you've ever read. Or the book you love the most right now. Or about any book(s) that makes you happy.

I wish ... the world smelled less. Perfumes are bad, people. Think of the number of smells each person wears before they put on their perfume: soaps & lotions; deodorants; shampoos, conditioners, gels, hairpsrays, & mousses; makeup & nail polish; assorted powders, laundry detergents, etc. And then you try to cover all that up by adding yet another smell? As one with a supersensitive nose, let me just say: Please stop. It doesn't work. The world would be a lot dangerous for me (& other, chemically sensitive people) if you skipped the perfume today.

I wish... I knew how to back up my blog without cutting and pasting each & every post (Someone tried to show me in the comments once, but I still don't get it).

I wish... I had some of these. White chocolate, minty goodness.

---------------
There: white chocolate, charity, pillows & positivity; not too shabby.

If you want to play, click the Writing Aspirations link above, and she'll hook you up. (You can also contact her if you were thinking of filling any of my wishes & needed my personal info.)

Play along, guys: I'd love to be able to fill some wishes this Christmas!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love this idea.
I can fulfill a couple of your wishes right now. I never wear perfume or any scented lotion. I recycle. I give to charity.
Hope all your wishes come true!

Never That Easy said...

Look at that: wishes granted already! It's like magic.

Thanks, Bethany, for stopping by. And WOO HOO that you give to charity, recycle AND don't wear smelly stuff!

I'm heading over to your place right now, to see what wishes you might have!