Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hopeful...

despite some small glitches. The lot of us (15 plus baby girl), are heading out in about an hour, to make our seperate ways to the theater. A few things have come up:


The theater, which, as I said, has a full restaurant, does not, contrary to what their website says, take reservations. So, it's first come, first serve. And they suggest you show up 1-1.5 hours ahead of time, particularly on weekends. And it's at least a half an hour drive, so that's 2 extra hours of time that I'm going to be up and about. And then 2 hours for the movie. My usual 'good' time limit is about an hour and a half anyways, so I'm reaaaaally pushing it.


But, I don't care.

And do you know why? Because everybody (who lives close enough to go) is going.

Do you know how hard it is to get the members of my family together? Very hard: this one's working 8-2; the others are working 2-8. This one's got previous plans; that one wants to do the laundry. That one wants to go, but only if we can take seperate cars; this one doesn't want to drive on her own. And on and on and on. Not to mention the whole "NTE has to break the plans (yet again) because of another infection/she fell down/ ER visit/ flare" debacles, or the plans they all make that I know I just can't go to.

So, we're going. And if we don't get in, or I have to pay for pushing my limits a bit, c'est la vie, right? (At least, C'est la CFID- vie.)

I've got my proactive patches, pills and ear plugs. I'm bringing a pillow for my knees (so what if ppl look at me like I'm crazy?), and wearing layers so that as the patches heat up, I can strip without scandalizing anybody (It's a family movie, after all).

And I'm posting now, so that it's not hanging over my head for when I get back, just in cases.

Cross your fingers people!

No comments: